Wednesday, April 5, 2006

Ahh Tuesday

One of my jobs I neglected to mention to all of you is that I am a serial housesitter. I have a host of people who regularly leave the city / country and entrust their homes and little kitty kats to me! Normally this goes quite swimingly - with the exception that my usual home cooked dinners magically turn into salad and anything else that I can cook in record time. Now, don't all go and jump to conclusions - I AM a good cook - I did win the food studies award in High School (no dig on you Devo, I'm sure you can kick mine, and Mrs. Kupsch's ass! ) but I seem to be bombarded with school crap - assignments, essays, presentations, exams and the like, therefore I have very little time left to actually cook something yummy. Not to mention that every few days/ weeks I am ushered into a new kitchen with completely different appliances / lay outs / yet no real food to cook with, usually only sauce. This not only impedes my cooking, but is frustrating as hell when I cannot find a freakin' fry pan, or a gd salt shaker!

Some days I wish I could just have my own place, with my own kitchen , my own groceries.

Anyways, the point of this rambling message is how happy I am that people are in the habit of buying me dinner lately. Tonight I got to rush out of work to dine with a cousin I haven't seen in 20 years and a wonderful uncle whom I love dearly, in addition to last night's dining success I have so far had a fabulous week.

What shall tomorrow bring I wonder?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have it all wrong Linda...its all about the spice rack. Your best bet is to go to Costco and get this wicked rack for like 20 bucks and you can bring it house to house with you...you dont know what your missing out on. BAM!!!

Linda said...

good tip - I shall have to invest in something like that. But now how to solve the fry pan problem without lugging a whole box of cooking crap around with me....

Anonymous said...

Simple solution there...just borrow my toastermobile and you can take that from house to house with you. If you are not familiar with my toastermobile you can see it on The Surreal Gourmet. Hope this helps.

Linda said...

Thanks again for the tip - have we met before?