Wednesday, December 8, 2010

THE Question

More often than not (since Pete and I were married last year) the topic of having children comes up between a colleague and I.  At one point he even told me that he KNEW I was pregnant based on how I acted and looked (for the record I was training for a half marathon and thought I was looking quite svelte).  He thought himself the expert on the topic as he, himself has 7 children, and was able to predict the pregnancy of another co-worker before she knew!

Needless to say he was wrong, but has kept at the questioning and trying to impart child rearing wisdom upon me at least once a week.  Today was an examination of my age and a comparison with his life - apparently when he was my age, he already had 4.... I've tried to express my frustration at constantly being questioned but to no avail - thank goodness my last day is Friday.

I know this happens to a lot of women around my age, and especially newly married ones - but seriously,   who thinks this line of questioning is appropriate?  Has anyone else had this happen to them?

1 comment:

Greek Cowgirl said...

Lol. It's so inapropriate!! It's up to the couple... not the outside world on when kids should happen! My mother has done the comparison thing with me.. when I turned 24 I heard about how my mom already had me and my brother... Different times, different circumstances!!