Sunday, November 4, 2007

Whata day / weekend

Friday- normally a good day in anyone's book, and at my office it is a bit sweeter with the advent of Fat Friday - a legendary event. This week certainly did not disappoint as Jane made delicious garlic zucchini soup, brought cheese buns from Glamorgan Bakery and even made her famous ginger snaps - quite delicous....

Going backwards a bit, I'll explain how the day was extra special. I picked my mom up in the morning so she could have my car all day - she jumped in and handed my "my breakfast".... love moms they are always so concerned about you... the breakfast turned out to be a brownie - yum! Later on it was Fat Friday and we were all quite satisfied with the aforementioned fare. Then about an hour later I received the yummiest delivery to my desk - Crave cupcakes!!! 6 delicious little gems for me to admire all day (Merci Merci Merci Kristen!!!!) My day has already become 100% better than fabulous... then it was lunch...

We walked over to the mall, went to Indigo, poured over the books for a while and then decided to move on - the way out of the food court area I ran into some guys that I knew worked at Sears so I said my obligatory "Hi!" and tried to leave asap . I wasn't fast enough though - they asked the question I knew they were going to -
"Have you talked to Bowman lately?" an innocent enough question to them, not really what I needed to hear but I responded
"Nope, never" they of course looked quite confused thinking the didn't hear me correctly - so I repeated myself and then it dawned on them and wow did they look unhappy... they even gave me the "OMG I'm so sorry face" - I smiled and walked away... trying to forget the encounter... yikes!

Back at work I was working on clearing my desk for the weekend and then our Law firm decided to have a reverse draw to raffle off some "mysterious" prizes... turns out there were 6 prizes, I won one of them - a 1.14 L bottle of Tanqueray Gin - which is currently sitting on my coffee table in all it's glory - I'm very pleased which I am sure we all knew I would be. I think I'll save it for Rachel's 25th birthday party chez moi on the 24th... Ps - come on over if ya like, we are getting started around 8, call me or drop an email if you don't know the address.

So that was my day in a nut shell:
- a brownie for breakfast
- yummy Fat Friday
- Crave Cupcakes
- meeting Cam's old work buddies at the mall, trying not to be upset in a public place
- winning a large bottle of Gin for my troubles

Friday night wasn't really anything special, but I did make it home for bed before midnight which was probably a good thing seeing how I had 3 large government exams to write the next day at 8 am...


Saturday
  • woke up very early,
  • picked up KQ,
  • went to the University,
  • waited for an eternity for the ridiculous government reps to hand out and proctor a very stupid exam (x3),
  • grimaced whilst said government rep embarrassed the crap out of herself by using words like "you's all" whilst speaking to a large lecture theatre of university graduates and barely being able to read directions outloud (also x3).
  • Ate lunch at the Den (a nice reminder of my uni days),
  • showered
  • changed
  • raced down south to catch the Flames game w/ Eleni and Denise,
  • laughed all night with E$ and Mace
  • drove home
  • chatted with Heather and Matt
  • collapsed into bed smiling that we got to change our clocks back an hour
Sunday (thus far)
  • woke up late
  • ate a cupcake (mmmmmm)
  • ate different pancake things that Heather made (thanks!!)
  • hung out and played on my computer, chatted with Heather and Matt
  • went to the Christmas Bazaar at the Scandinavian Centre - cute things
  • went to the Farmers Market (loads of yummy things)
  • went to Safeway (for the things that I couldn't get at the market)
  • chatted with funny Australian in line when he pointed out the health difference that he was buying Franks Red Hot and 4 pizzas whereas I had chickpeas, beets, skim milk, and sauerkraut, I however pointed out that in fact his dinner was bound to be far more delicious than mine
  • came home, realized my apartment is very messy and promptly turned on my computer to blog instead of cleaning.
K, that's all for now, I've procrastinated enough, time to clean

Ciao!



-

No comments: