Friday, March 7, 2008

Book of the Week

Oops... I kind of forgot to post this as my day has been pretty hectic. I also promise to post, with pictures, about my Wednesday evening ceremony.

Without further ado, and because I am going places, I thought this week's entry should be a classic... Oh The Place You'll Go, by our beloved Dr. Seuss


From the Publisher:
"Don''t be fooled by the title of this seriocomic ode to success; it''s not ''Climb Every Mountain,'' kid version. All journeys face perils, whether from indecision, from loneliness, or worst of all, from too much waiting. Seuss'' familiar pajama-clad hero is up to the challenge, and his odyssey is captured vividly in busy two-page spreads evoking both the good times (grinning purple elephants, floating golden castles) and the bad (deep blue wells of confusion). Seuss'' message is simple but never sappy: life may be a ''Great Balancing Act,'' but through it all ''There''s fun to be done.''"
Balancing act indeed. I just found out that I have one more course to do this summer, so I'll be away until August. Plus I need to do a lot more paperwork and fitness tests and security clearances and uniform fittings and military ID appointments, and training days (including Mondays and Saturdays, and yes it is the same day that Snoop has her wedding.. darn it!), and CPR courses before I go, which PS is in less than 50 days as the course starts the 27 th April so I need to be there a day or two early... yikes!
I am exhausted just thinking about it..... no worries though, I'll make it through!
Happy Weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looooooooooove that book!! My friend gave me that in grade 9 before high school... or was it grade 12 after high school.. Either way..good book! Question.. who referenced that book on Friends?? And who did they give that book to?

Linda said...

I do believe that it was:
Joey who bought it for Rachel