Monday, September 17, 2007

Update

Yikes, it looks like I never did give the full run down of my life - so here goes

Sun Sept 9-
My birthday celebration this year was a bit more subdued than last year's.... instead of a house party I decided that High Tea at the Banff Springs was more in order and thus my dear friend Ronnalie planned it out for me. Eleni and I arrived earlier than others to go for a bit of a walk down by the river / golf course and as we were driving up together we took our sweet time getting to Banff. We stopped at Timmy's on the way out - at Wendy's in Canmore on our way up.. good times for sure.

Later on after our walk around we freshened up and made our way to the hotel lobby - on the way we spotted a piper and stopped to listen to him for a while - lovely music that those pipes play! Anyhoo, we met up with Ronnalie in the lobby, then Jane and Katherine and then thought to go up to the Rundle lounge before we lost our reservation. My mom, my sister, Mrs. B, Nikki and Patrick and Rachel and Rob all arrived later but even so - we all had such a yummy lunch. The snacks were awesome, although there were raisins in the scones which I am not a fan of, but our server more than made up for the raisins. Shelann, as her nametag read, was fantastic - she took our pictures, brought me a lovely glass of champagne, made jokes with us and basically took very good care of us. Her service accompanied with the beautiful view of Mt. Rundle made it one of the best birthdays I've ever had. Not to mention of course, the company that was with me that day - they were all lovely as well.

Monday September 10 - Dinner with the broker team and KQ at Oriental Phoenix. Good times again - I really didn't think I would have fun, but I did, I learned a lot about my co-workers but my favourite was that I actually got to spend time with the aforementioned KQ!

Wednesday Sept 11- First meeting of the St. Andrew's Caledonian Society. Glad to be back, as it gives me something to occupy my time. Plus I get to hang out with old scottish folk - who are so fun, love that accent!!

Friday 14 September - Our articling student Char had her bar call - it was so nice to see her finish her articles with such style. Her brother flew in from Denmark, her mom and some friends from Vancouver, and her dad and stepmom from Kelowna to mark the occasion. I gave away our apartment to her family as neither Heather nor I would be there, and the fact that it is so close to Char's apartment - but funny thing happened... instead of the 22nd as scheduled, Heather was due to arrive last night.... oops!!! So, red-faced, I had to ask Heather to delay her arrival until today so Char's houseguests still had a place to stay.... not good, but hopefully with the pipecleaner decorated poster message I lefty her she doesn't hate me too much......

Oh - and of course it was my friend Tijana's Birthday today - I think she is in Madrid currently... or perhaps near madrid - in any case she is in Spain and I am so very envious.....

Saturday 15 September - The Lanster and I had breakfast at Cora's... it was her first time and I think I've swayed her over to the Cora's side - tasty tasty breakfast.....

Sunday 16 September - Mrs B's Birthday today.... I hope she had a nice day as I didn't actually get to see her, but I think she did anyways...

Tonight - I have Gelato with Kate - we get to talk about France!! As you all know - this is one of my favourite topics... so needless to say I am quite excited.....

K, I'm done for now - see ya later!

No comments: