Monday, May 28, 2007

Weekend Update / I want one....







Me and Mom



What a weekend I had....



Friday after work was officially girls night.... we ate some super yummy Vietnamese (when is it not super yummy I ask you???) and meandered over to the theatre to catch the latest installment of the Pirates Saga.... it was - of course - fan-freakin' - tastic!!! Because really, who doesn't a love a good pirate romance / adventure??? Action was good, script was good, Johhny was very good and Orlando did better in my eyes than normally... Keira was, well, Keira, but she's essential to the story, so I go along with it....



Saturday brought more work, fun work though as I got to chill with Miss JM and of course tell her all sorts of stories (we haven't seen each other for almost 5 weeks)... good times had by all.... and then I got to do some much needed Baby clothes shopping... not for mine (as you may have noticed I myself do not have any babies.... and am of course not expecting one...) but rather it was to fulfill my role as Auntie Linda to the cutest baby ever.... my little sweet bundle of Joy Samantha who lives down yonder in the Hat. Whilst on the phone with Mr. Cameron and shoping I couldn't help but exclaim my delight in the cutest tiniest baby clothes and shoes.... soooo adorable..... After making my purchases, I zipped home to watch some fun Taxi 3 action (loved the sylvester stalone beginning) and to bed I went as I had a big day on sunday....



Sunday morning, woke up at 7:30, threw on some clothes, some makeup, brushed my hair a bit and jumped into the car for a lovely 3 hour drive to the Hat.....


As I made my way south I got a phone call from Miss Rupinder in London (she always calls when I'm outta town... first Montreal and now the Hat... silly girl!!!) and laughed as we tried to make plans to talk while I was in town.... then I noticed something.... as I looked out the window of my car and then back again at the spedometer I thought to myself... " Is it bad that 140 km an hour doens't seem fast???" hmmmm, interesting, perhaps I should slow down a wee bit lest I get a ticket for speeding..... nevertheless I made it door to door, stopping for gas and snacks, in 3 hours... Upon my arrival the aforementioned sweetie was wide awake and ready to snuggle with her Auntie Linda.... soooooo cute,. I am officially in love and think that I need to steal her away for myself...


We spent the afternoon chillin' talking, eating ice cream and cherries and watching our fav Tristan and Isolde.. (I'm such a sucker for a good romance...) Then it was time for me to head back... this time I left at 6:32 and made it back to my apartment at 9:10.. stopping again for gas and snacks... that darn lead foot of mine....
Note that the Ice Cream is bigger than the baby!


Today, I'm back at work, wondering if I can ever get rid of my Tunisian Friend that I've nicknamed George... I'm going for blood tests this week.....



K. that's all I got for now - adios!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those pics are so precious!! Have a baby so I can be godmother!!

Linda said...

I'll see what I can do, but in the meantime - does a certain tunisian friend named George count????

Anonymous said...

Hey Linda!
Sam and I look great! Thanks for the awesome weekend! It was so nice to have you come see us! Can't wait for you to come again!
Love you lots!

Linda said...

Love you too!!!! PS, I still want to keep her.... too cute I tell ya!!!