Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Day 2

Yesterday was the first day of the UBC course. For those of you who do not know what that is, let me enlighten you. My Co-worker Sandy took this course last January... now keep in mind that she is quite fit to begin with... and basically it is a 10 week course of intense kickboxing and resistance training. The schedule is as follows...

  1. Resistance Training Upper Body (Monday)
  2. Kickboxing (Tuesday)
  3. Resistance Training Lower Body (Wednesday)
  4. Kickboxing (Thursday)
  5. Resistance Training Upper Body (Friday)
  6. Kickboxing (Saturday)

The next week of course the lower body resistance is 2 times and upper body is only once. The point of this post, however, is to explain how friggin' intense the course is. Sandy was so incredibly different after the 10 weeks last year, and the other pictures I have seen are just as amazing, if not more, so I am left wondering what will happen to me if I do in fact give it my all the whole way through - and trust me Sandy will not let me slack off. My main concern is that I have almost never pushed myself this hard (except for the military of course), and just now it is starting to set it how sore I am going to be. Well, that and the fact that my resistance training was at 6 pm last night and my kickboxing was at 6:30 this morning, so not much rest for my poor poor arms.

Tonight is fun TV night, yeah! NCIS, followed by The Unit (my fav) so I will be sure to be watching that... but before that I have my fitness evaluation as I missed Saturdays due to work... I'm not sure how wise it was to have it today after I've already kick boxed seeing how my arms are feeling rather weak and I have to do push ups.. yikes! Nevertheless, I shall do my best and immediately go home and soak in a tub full of Epsom salts. I can't wait!

No comments: