Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Great Googley Moogley !!

My spirits have been both run down and lifted considerably since I last posted, and for several reasons really....
  1. A certain someone at work from my first desk was back at it today.. made me feel rather frustrated.
  2. I was hungry and that darn piece of toast w/ peanut butter just did not cut it
  3. (it gets better from here)... I completed some pressing errands, thus helping me to tick off my to-do list (I just love doing that)
  4. I attempted to go for a run - now, this requires somewhat of an *, please note that I have not really ran since BASIC - 9 years ago. I have tried over the years but failed miserably and therefore gave up rather quickly. This time, motivated mostly by fear of fitness tests and more BASIC I tried again after work. I didn't go to the gym, or outside but rather attempted this chore at a friend's house on their treadmill. I started with a grim feeling that I was going to "ease" into this running business by doing 3 minutes of running, followed by 2 minutes of walking and so forth until I reached 1/2 an hour or so. However, after the prescribed 3 minutes I felt pretty good so I went for 5 minutes, and then 7 minutes, and then 10 and so on and so forth until low and behold I was at 30 minutes of straight running!!! I wasn't actually running, but jogging with an incline of 2. Not bad for my first attempt I think. Maybe I will pass this darn fitness test after all! ** Note: I think that my ability to run, coupled with the fact that my workout this morning was the best thus far is indicative of the magical powers of the t-shirt that I wore... my old BRT 9902 Basic Training T-shirt... I should have got more than 1 I think!
  5. At the aforementioned friend's house, I always have a nice time, and I am almost always fed something tasty. This time was no exception - Steak, sweet potatoes and beets.. what could be yummier I ask?
  6. I got my laundry done - another thing checked off my list - yeah!
  7. I learned all about investing and mutual funds, plus I finalized realized what the hell went wrong in the US with their darn sub prime mortgages.... which consequently is something quite important to my job!
  8. Someone told me that they could see a difference with all the kick-boxing I was doing. That really made my day!
  9. This is my 400th post!
  10. I'm now at home, watching NCIS, reveling in the fact that I like running, I wasn't horribly out of breath after my first 30 minutes and and I can actually sort of, kind of do it... perhaps another run is on the docket for tomorrow, and of course some more push-ups!
So there we have it, well done me!

* Note: the title link has really nothing to do with the post, I just thought it was a great expression (quite fitting in fact), and a great commercial.

No comments: