Friday, April 4, 2008

Happy Birthday / Book of the Week

So, being April 4th I think it is about time that I wish Crystal a very Happy 25th Birthday!



Yeah for your birthday!!!






Okay, back to business... this week's book is actually 3 books. It's referred to as the Josephine B Trilogy and encompasses 3 different parts of Josephine Bonaparte's life. I read it last year upon recommendation from the manager at the Chapters on MacLeod trail and I was really quite delighted. As we all know historical anything is up my alley and the fact that she played, or rather her husband played such an integral role in the formation of the France we all know and love today, not to mention the magnitude of influence Napolean has had on the world in general. The book is written in journal form and details the happenings of her life from her childhood in the Caribbean to her death in France.





From the Publisher
The Josephine B. Trilogy comprises three acclaimed,bestselling novels that draw the reader into the delicate yet passionate relationship between Josephine and Napoleon Bonaparte: The Many Lives& Secret Sorrows of Josephine B.; Tales of Passion, Tales of Woe;and The Last Great Dance on Earth. Together in this omnibus edition, they form an irresistible epic, tracing Josephine’s transformation from impressionable young girl to canny and compassionate wife, to confidant temptress and one of the most
sophisticated and powerful women in history.
Adored by readers of historical fiction, the Josephine novels are a sweeping tale of love and loss, political intrigue and revolution during one of the most tumultuous periods in European history.

Happy Reading!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds great, and I think it would make an excellent follow-up to my current reading, The Days of the French Revolution!

Linda said...

I totally forgot to ask you the title of that book... I remember you showing it to me.. I'll look for it in August when I have some reading time!!

Anonymous said...

No worries, I'll lend it to you! I've been taking my time reading it but SHOULD have it done by then!