Thursday, October 12, 2006

Bloody Hell

Bloody Hell - quite the evening I've had - and it's not even 20:00 yet.

The end of the work day was nice, I got to take a small field trip to the bank and drop off a cheque and the deposit book which didn't make its way into the courier bag for this afternoon - plus I was so quick I even got to have an iced coffee - mmmmm. Then I went to my Ionic Detox session (#3) and it was gruesome - no seriously - much like #2 was but more so and with more liver this time - yuck! Glad to be rid of all that nasty garbage from my body.

On my way home though, something terrible happened. I was driving on 5th, right by Queen E High School and right at the intersection the car beside me had stopped at the crosswalk - so of course I stopped assuming that there was a mom with her stroller and kids crossing the street (there were various of the aforementioned people milling about the area) - HOWEVER, that was not the case...I didn't see anyone crossing so I inched my car up a bit to see around the car beside me and what do I behold in the crosswalk????? A mangy old coyote! In broad daylight! He was darting back and forth, which was odd, and I was thinking that he was after a mom and kids or someon'es dog - not cool by me, in fact I was ready to jump out of my car and help anyone to kick the crap out of him (ps - I HATE coyotes!!!!). Anyhoo, I inched the car closer and oh my god - it wasn't a dog he was after, but a BUNNY!!!! A cute fluffy bunny - and he grabbed the bunny right in front of me. Now, anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE bunnies and as soon as I saw him grab my bunny friend and run off away down the street - I gasped audibley and covered my eyes and mouth - I was shocked! God Damn Coyote - pardon the swearing but I friggin' hate the damn creatures!!! I rushed home and proceded to call several people to report what had happened - I'm still in shock reliving the memory. After I had calmed down I watched a bit of Smallville to relax before my blood donation appointment. Next up was the actual blood donation appointment - I really enjoy doing this, it's like my good deed of the next 56 days. Anyways - I get there all excited to donate - get my finger pricked and blood dropped into the blue solution stuff - and guess what? I fail - I freakin' failed it - so she tried a more sophisticated test - I failed that as well - the first time EVER I failed. Man I felt so embarrassed. I even had to go into the little room and chat with the nurse about my "hemoglobin" problem. Brutal! So now I am branded for life - damn female hormone crap - I am "anemic" and am off to Safeway to buy cream of whaet and raisins.

Arriving at Safeway I am trying to find all my required groceries but a) am talking on the phone with my mom and b) trying to get some milk from the bottom shelf - this nice older man (what's with me and older men?) was trying to help me - quite nice indeed...then I found my cream of wheat (it had loads of iron in it) and was off to try to find raisins - thus I went to the baking aisle - no luck and I ran into my milk guy. We walked up and down several aisles looking for these damn raisins and same up dry - where the hell are the raisins? After leaving my milk guy I venture to the produce section and proceed to ask the produce guy where I may find the raisins...he promptly ushered me to the apporpriate section and off to the checkout I went - and voila I find my milk guy there as well - he was so nice.... and I just realised I never got his name.

Quite the eveing indeed - now I kickin' some butt on Jeopardy and then later - thank god I have Grey's.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had the pleasure of giving blood today. UVic had a mobile clinic for the past two days. I had a little scare when the nurse took my blood pressure and told me that my systolic pressure was high. I as told to mention it to my doctor. It's too bad you didn't get to donate, it's always a rewarding experience. You would also love UVic since there are hundreds, maybe thousands, but most likely hundreds of rabbits all over the campus.

Linda said...

I do love to donate - it does give me a really nice feeling, but at least I can remedy this iron thing - and yes I do belive that I would really love it in victoria. Bunnies are just too darn cute not to love.....

Anonymous said...

Next time you are going to donate, give me a call and I will go with you. As we discussed, it is a good thing to do.

Does this mean that you can't ever give again, or do you just get tested every time, and if your blood is up to par next time you can give?

Linda said...

no - they always test you each time you donate - but guys almost always pass the test.....
I'm scheduled again for the 7th of december (thursday - 7pm)