Thursday, January 18, 2007

Huh, it's been a while

I just realized that I haven't posted since monday - not very good of me, is it? In any case, I've had an interesting week. Lunch today with Denise and KQ, yummy yummy fig jam with brie and baked apple......I should "do lunch" more often I think....Tonight I had class #2 - aka the easiest class ever. Tonight we discussed geological formations, according to a formations chart - self explanatory I think. But the funniest thing ever was the point in the class when KQ broke out the dinosaur info.....Our prof was going on about time periods such as Quaternary (which KQ had to help out with the pronunciation) and the "Era" on the chart ie: Cretacious, Jurasic etc.... she continued with an example about the movie Jurasic Park and how it was inproperly named. She even went as far as saying that there were no dinosaurs during that time period - to which KQ had to interupt and set her straight...and then she told the class about how there really isn't a dinosaur called a Brontosaurus as that was a falsity and has since been corrected. It was the best thing I had even seen. She was in her prime! Way to go KQ - that's why we love you, and your dinosaur knowledge!!!! I laughed myself silly!

Afterwards we were given a handout about the SPINII Alberta Land Titles website which KQ and I broke out into hysterics as we normally use SPIN about 50 times a day to find titles - needless to say we are going to have a very boring class next week.....

Tomorrow brings Where in the World - and something new....."What in the World - dedicated to our very own KQ" As well as a Scottish Ball in homage to Robbie Burns and a Christmas Party in Kananaskis for Job #1......So for now I am finishing off Pilot Guides (the Arab Peninsula), starting Ugly Betty and waiting for Grey's - it's a TV night for me!

PS - a special note to Matt, we are all thinking of you and your family.......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey....any time you want to 'do lunch' again.....just let me know....it was fun. D

Linda said...

Certainly!