Thursday, January 25, 2007

Robbie Burns



In Honour of my very favourite Scottish Poet (and author of our dear New Years Song - Auld Lang Syne), and in celebration of His Birthday...I present to you one of his most beloved poems....

A Red, Red Rose

O my Luve's like a red, red rose,
That's newly sprung in June:
O my Luve's like the melodie,
That's sweetly play'd in tune.

As fair art thou, my bonie lass,
So deep in luve am I;
And I will luve thee still, my dear,
Till a' the seas gang dry.

Till a' the seas gang dry, my dear,
And the rocks melt wi' the sun;
And I will luve thee still, my dear,
While the sands o' life shall run.

And fare-thee-weel, my only Luve!
And fare-thee-weel, a while!
And I will come again, my Luve,
Tho' 'twere ten thousand mile!
"Slàinte mhòr agad!" and "Mar sin leibh an dràsda."

2 comments:

peopleweallknow said...

I saw a man wearing a kilt in honor of the occasion - but I felt bad for him, because he was getting on the train about 4pm, when its packed with teenagers - and you know how teenagers can be.

Anonymous said...

I hate them so much.......that one's for you B

Yeah, teenagers suck - kilts rule!