Monday, January 1, 2007

Resolution time

Everyone seems to have the same sort of resolutions each year, none of them seem to pan out, so although I secretly have the norm on my list here are some more that I will actually endeavour to keep. Here goes nothin'
  1. Smile more, and mean it, aka be happier - and this I will make an active effort to do so!
  2. Have better posture - I used to have wicked awesome ballet dancer posture, somehow over the years it as suffered a wee bit, it's not really that bad, I'm not a sloucher by any means, but it could use some improvement.
  3. Get more sleep
  4. Cook more at home - I have amazing cookbooks and I should freakin' use them
  5. Stop procrastinating
There we go, that's all for now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't ever make 'resolutions' since I know I won't keep them and will only be starting my year off by letting myself down, but this year I made one... To learn the words to the New Year's song (Auld Lang Syne) for New Year's '08!

Linda said...

If you came to the St Andrews Bal my dear, you would be in posession of the lyrics, but anyhoo, here they are!
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,

And never brought to mind?

Should auld acquaintance be forgot,

And days of auld lang syne? And days of auld lang syne, my dear,

And days of auld lang syne.

Should auld acquaintance be forgot,

And days of auld lang syne?



We twa hae run aboot the braes

And pu'd the gowans fine.

We've wandered mony a weary foot,

Sin' auld lang syne.

Sin' auld lang syne, my dear,

Sin' auld lang syne,

We've wandered mony a weary foot,

Sin' auld ang syne.


We twa hae sported i' the burn,

From morning sun till dine,

But seas between us braid hae roared

Sin' auld lang syne.


Sin' auld lang syne, my dear,

Sin' auld lang syne.

But seas between us braid hae roared

Sin' auld lang syne.



And ther's a hand, my trusty friend,

And gie's a hand o' thine;

We'll tak' a cup o' kindness yet,

For auld lang syne.

For auld lang syne, my dear,

For auld lang syne,

We'll tak' a cup o' kindness yet,

For auld lang syne.

Linda said...

PS - it is sung holding the hands of the people on either side of you but everyone has their arms crossed....

Anonymous said...

Dear Linda Spencer,
I am really trying to clean up my act. As you (and every one else well knows, especially the rest of the Quinneys)I live my life in a panic/ratrace/disaster/whatever word you enjoy most/ trying to get things done. What i'm trying to say, is that friends don't let friends procrastinate. I fully support your efforts in an attempt at abolishing procrastination. Maybe we should actually crack that Mineral Lease Documentation book. Hmmm. This is a whole new concept.
Love,
Miss KQ