Monday, January 29, 2007

Monday blues

Well, it's monday and I am back at work - boo-urns. It always seems that I suddenly find myself wondering where in earth my weekend crept off to......but at least this way I am that much close to my trip to Tunisia....which I am a bit apprehensive about. I have no clue what I am doing there and I have no clue who I am going with, so it will be 2 weeks of long hours, speaking a couple different languages and trying to make the most of being on a new continent. But I digress....

The weekend was interesting - friday was awesome - Denise and I watched hours 1-4 of our new BBC miniseries Berkely Square - quite well done. Dinner was also yummy - we dined on Friday night Feasts courtesy of Sunterra Market - and I do believe that we will be repeating this event in a week or so - as we still have hours 5-10 to watch....we're so crazy!

Saturday was new as well - more scotch - yummy Glenfiddich to be precise, I am developing quite a taste for this fancy drink.....Sunday morning though was a bit difficult, note to self - not so much scotch next time.....

Then it was laundry time (something that should happen more often I think) and then it was 10:00 in the evening and I was gearing up for another episode of my Housewives - too bad it was a repeat.....next week though is new....After that I should have gone to bed but opted to stay up and watch 1/2 of a really cool movie I was previously unaware of - The Boondock Saints - for what I saw, it looks really interesting, maybe I can watch the rest tonight. I got to bed about 12:30 and slept peacefully until I had to wake up this morning. And what a chore it was - ughhhh, I am definately feeling the need for some normal amount of sleep - something that hasn't happened since France......

Work today is brutal - to start things out we are behind in our files, I've been chewed out a few times over the phone, chewed out by our receptionist who was having a meltdown, and had to endure "wedding talk" from a girl who came back to the office for a few weeks to help out - she now sits right next to me......really wonderful...as if I didn't have enough to make me want to have a mental breakdown , I now get to listen to her talk about her great fiancé and great wedding in august and how he proposed and how much she loves her ring, blah, blah, blah......

I think it's time for another scotch..scotch o'clock if you will (KQ that one's for you!)


PS - I found this on the St. Andrew's website - recognize anyone?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A brief summary of the morning's events:

Files blah blah late yadda yadda take me seriously yak yak engagement ring barf blah blah blah Primate Behaviour Exam yammer yammer yammer ineedascotchandabagofcheezies yadda yadda yadda blah blah blah.

I heart you more than I heart Cheezies Linda.

Love,
KQ

Lulu said...

Ah, KQ - you are my most favouritist ever......

Heather said...

Cam looks SO happy to be there in a kilt.

I hope tomorrow is a better work day. Shitty days at work at shitty.

carino_girl said...

Hey! you might to 'nicely' tell the temp girl that you are not up for "wedding talk" right now. OR...steer her to another topic....how about Tunisia?

Good Luck..... D

Lulu said...

What I would really like to do is smack her the next time she opens her mouth about that damn wedding - I wasn't like that was I, I surely hope not, and if I was I am truly sorry...I had no idea how bloddy annoying it is....