Monday, January 29, 2007

Monday blues

Well, it's monday and I am back at work - boo-urns. It always seems that I suddenly find myself wondering where in earth my weekend crept off to......but at least this way I am that much close to my trip to Tunisia....which I am a bit apprehensive about. I have no clue what I am doing there and I have no clue who I am going with, so it will be 2 weeks of long hours, speaking a couple different languages and trying to make the most of being on a new continent. But I digress....

The weekend was interesting - friday was awesome - Denise and I watched hours 1-4 of our new BBC miniseries Berkely Square - quite well done. Dinner was also yummy - we dined on Friday night Feasts courtesy of Sunterra Market - and I do believe that we will be repeating this event in a week or so - as we still have hours 5-10 to watch....we're so crazy!

Saturday was new as well - more scotch - yummy Glenfiddich to be precise, I am developing quite a taste for this fancy drink.....Sunday morning though was a bit difficult, note to self - not so much scotch next time.....

Then it was laundry time (something that should happen more often I think) and then it was 10:00 in the evening and I was gearing up for another episode of my Housewives - too bad it was a repeat.....next week though is new....After that I should have gone to bed but opted to stay up and watch 1/2 of a really cool movie I was previously unaware of - The Boondock Saints - for what I saw, it looks really interesting, maybe I can watch the rest tonight. I got to bed about 12:30 and slept peacefully until I had to wake up this morning. And what a chore it was - ughhhh, I am definately feeling the need for some normal amount of sleep - something that hasn't happened since France......

Work today is brutal - to start things out we are behind in our files, I've been chewed out a few times over the phone, chewed out by our receptionist who was having a meltdown, and had to endure "wedding talk" from a girl who came back to the office for a few weeks to help out - she now sits right next to me......really wonderful...as if I didn't have enough to make me want to have a mental breakdown , I now get to listen to her talk about her great fiancé and great wedding in august and how he proposed and how much she loves her ring, blah, blah, blah......

I think it's time for another scotch..scotch o'clock if you will (KQ that one's for you!)


PS - I found this on the St. Andrew's website - recognize anyone?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A brief summary of the morning's events:

Files blah blah late yadda yadda take me seriously yak yak engagement ring barf blah blah blah Primate Behaviour Exam yammer yammer yammer ineedascotchandabagofcheezies yadda yadda yadda blah blah blah.

I heart you more than I heart Cheezies Linda.

Love,
KQ

Linda said...

Ah, KQ - you are my most favouritist ever......

Heather said...

Cam looks SO happy to be there in a kilt.

I hope tomorrow is a better work day. Shitty days at work at shitty.

Anonymous said...

Hey! you might to 'nicely' tell the temp girl that you are not up for "wedding talk" right now. OR...steer her to another topic....how about Tunisia?

Good Luck..... D

Linda said...

What I would really like to do is smack her the next time she opens her mouth about that damn wedding - I wasn't like that was I, I surely hope not, and if I was I am truly sorry...I had no idea how bloddy annoying it is....