Monday, January 15, 2007

Sweet Mother of God II

You guys know me so well!!!!! I have been bombarded with phone calls and emails about my favourite clothing store opening it's doors in Calgary in the spring 2007.......

Thanks guys!

I had heard that they were coming - but I thought I would have to wait until 2008... previously I have had to shop in other cities, Montreal, Toronto, Europe to get my H & M fix, I have even taken to bribing people to go shopping for me when they travel - Cam, Heather, Wendy......Now, the only mystery is just where in the city the store is going to go.....

Normally H &M is a multi - leveled store... in fact I have never seen a store occupying just one floor, and since Calgary is home to the largest Ikea in the world (my favourite home store) one might assume that the H & M would be similarly structured....but we all know what happens when one assumes things........ In any case I have heard speculation about Market Mall (which I hope is false), Chinook (equally as crappy in my opinion) Signal Hill (close to job #2) and my old stomping grounds Southcentre (close to job #1)....If you hear of any gossip (dates, confirmed location etc) let me know so I can plan accordingly,

Anyhoo, I am ecstatic and I am biding my time until I can shop at my leisure, although I do have an upcoming trip to Montreal in a couple months so I am not quite sure what to do - Montreal has sales tax and we luckily do not, we'll just have to see how patient I am I suppose.

Other than the big H&M news I had been having a horrid day - I was wearing ill fitting (obviously not H&M) pants, a wrinkly shirt, and I forgot to wear mascara so needless to say I had no real eyeballs to speak of.... I don't know what I was thinking when I left the house this morning, most likely not about my appearance. Now however I am at home, eating Jane's chicken and an avocado, watching Lawrence of Arabia on TCM -a classic I have yet to acutally finish watching - so I think I shall get some tea and snuggle into my plaid blanket and lounge on my chaise couch....

Night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY for H&M! I am happy for you Linda - truly I am! Hopefully they will be up and running soon and I can go there post pregnancy! And of course, you can come with me!
Have a good day~!

Linda said...

I cna assure you that many a trip will be taken to the aforementioned H&M store...you my dear are welcome to join me at any time!