I've been home from work for 5 months now.... what have I accomplished in that time? Not too much. Yes, I have a new addition to look after, and yes, it's been hectic and trying, and one of the most difficult things I've ever attempted, but I feel like I need some proper goals to work through, to keep me from becoming one of those "helicopter moms".
When I lived in Victoria I had a rolling list of goals that I was set to accomplish by the 9th of each month. Finances, fitness, education - you name it, I had a goal for it. It really helped to keep me motivated and accountable. It seems as though I've slowed my effort to create and meet my goals. Now that Will is *mostly* over his colic (I say mostly after the horror that was last night), I think I can put some time towards thinking about myself a bit.
Now for the 2012 goals:
Pete and I have started the Insanity fitness system. We tried the P90x way back in Victoria and liked it, but this one is a bit easier to do daily and actually a lot more enjoyable. The best part is, although Pete is crazy fit and I am just getting back into a fitness routine after a rough delivery and unfortunate c-section, we can both get a lot out of this system.
- For my fitness goal:
- Finish the 60 days challenge;
- Lose one more pant size;
- Beat my pushup record;
- Run at least one race - no distance specification as of yet
Although being on Mat leave and having a new house that needs furnishing and eavestroughs makes saving tougher, the goal here is to:
- Save at least half my pay cheque each month (towards travel to Calgary and other vacations, property taxes, and things like weddings); and
- Invest some $ for Will.
Pete gets to go back to university in May - I am not quite there yet.... there is hopefully an MBA/ MPA in my future, but for now I would like to:
- Finish one more OPME (military) course (for a total of 4/6)
- Re-test my French profile for a CCC (I am currently at a BBC)
- Volunteer at the YMCA and / or the Legion in town
- See Niagara Falls
- Finally wear my wedding dress and celebrate the fact that we got married over 2 years ago (living apart and not knowing where we will be in the near future does not help one to plan a wedding)
- Buy another car - one car in a smaller town without public transit is tough
Those are the goals that I have on my mind for now - I'll likely add some more as time goes by, but for now that's good.