Thursday, November 23, 2006

Finally.....

Okay before I start with the weekend update - I'm watching Grey's and OMG Christina is wearing a Stanford Hoody - not exactly like mine, hers is zip up and mine is pullover- but WICKED!!!!! Also, the addorable tim horton's asian father comerical is on - soo lovely!

Anyhoo back to the weekend.

Friday was really fun. I raced home after work to clean up, shower, do my hair and makeup get the cake and race over to pick up Robbie. We made it home with loads of time to spare and we cleaned up my apartment, set up the booze table, and all the wine glasses etc etc.....Then the party started...The guest of honor arrived with a dozen people from the french centre....
More guests arrived - english speaking guests...and then the cocktails started - we had Champagne cocktails, Kir Imperial to be exact and the accents also started up - I love accents!!!!! After that the party slightly split up into the english kitchen party and the french living room party - both super fun....then we moved over to Sam's bar - also wickedly fun. In the end we stumbled back to my place, I changed into my gown for the ball, and people cooked radomn meals in my kitchen and I watched bizarre cartoons on the tv. Finally got into bed at around 4 am - again.....

Saturday was great as well. It started out with a run to the Scottish Shoppe to pick up Cam's kilt and a lesson on how to wear my sash. Then a dash to the housesitting house for a final cleanup and then off to do my hair, which really didn't go well at all. Then an equally as frightening makeup session. While I was sitting in the chair my little sister walked up to chat, after she left the girl asked about her, asked her age and I replied..well I'm 25 so she is 23....and she replied.."OH! you are only 25..I never would have thought you were that young..." well, how very nice...I look old...that plus the hair disaster made me feel very very special....

Grey's interlude....George is being a piece of crap right now......

Anyhoo, back to saturday.. After the makeup session I raced back home, got dressed and helped Cam with the final touches of the kilt outfit....he looked very very nice....and as the saying goes..."A highlander, no matter how old or haggard looks splendid, however a brawny young highlander in full regalia is positively resplendent" and it is true, very true. And we were off.

We arrived just before the head table was piped in and rushed to our seats. The dinner was delicious, the speaches were amazing, Lynne's tribute to our fair land brought tears to my eyes and the toast to "the homeland" was extremely moving. After the dinner various people tried their best to convince Cam to either join the pipers, the dancers, or whatever other scottish things they could think of. The dancing was so great to watch, my dress was far to long (it hit the floor with 3 inch heels) to dance and of course Cam doesn't know any of the moves so we watched. During the intermisison we had the pipers come out and pipe a few songs while the highland dancers performed - it was the nicest thing I could have ever heard.

All in al the evening was a success....and onto sunday. I woke up to find that my father had been admitted into the hospital - some complications due to a broken foot and some heart troubles...anyhoo off to the hospital with the fanciest car magazine I could get my hands on - and then a run around the city to gather various bits of stuff that I had strewn across the city.

After that my week went to hell - but there's not a damn thing I can do about it. Tomorrow is friday, thank god, although this weekend there isn't much planned, maybe I'll just chill chez moi.

Well, it doesn't seem like my explanantion lived up to what I thought it could be...maybe I am forgetting something.

Meh, that'll have to do - adios!

No comments: