Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Tuesday's Thoughts

  1. It's F-ing cold... I do not like the fact that I can feel the cold radiating from the window beside my desk thus making it very difficult to type.
  2. 5:45 am - when it is -44 with windchill - is not a fun time to leave the house.
  3. Kickboxing, followed by push ups/ sit ups galore the day before a very scary fitness test is not a good idea.
  4. Waiting for aforementioned scary fitness test is also not fun.
  5. Remembering you left your lunch bag in the car when you are sitting at your desk is quite tragic.
  6. Working twice and until 10:30 pm on such a day when your eyes freeze the moment you step outside sucks. **At Least I am not my little sister and do not have to spend the workday outside... sorry kid... come by at lunch and I'll make you a lovely cup of tea to warm you up...
  7. Contemplating failing scary fitness test and thus having to tell everyone that you failed makes me feel rather sick
  8. Knowing that if I do in fact pass the scary fitness test I will be catapulted into a world where I will be very green .... and will make myself look like a fool for at least a year.

That's enough thoughts for right now... suffice it to say I am cold, tired and thoroughly freaked out by tomorrows test.. Can everyone send me their strength around about 1 pm tomorrow? Thanks!!!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey you
How's it going? I just wanted to write and wish you good luck for tomorrow, you've done what you can, you've worked hard in preparing for it, if it doesn't happen for you its no shame, it was just not meant to be.
I'm sure you'll do great though, you succeed at everything you put your mind to.
The best of luck for tomorrow, not that you need it and I'll think of you around 1 tomorrow.
Naz

Linda said...

SNOOP!!!!! thank you for the encouragement... it means so much... we need to see each other again soon.. I saved the date in my calendar for you but we should try for something before that as well!!!

Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Regardless of the outcome tomorrow, I'd like to point out to you how brave I think you are for even getting this far. The prospect of military service TERRIFIES me, and I am so proud of you for being so committed to the service, our country, and yourself.

There is nothing to be ashamed of, only pride in what you are doing, and while it is certainly scary, I think it's one of those types of scary that is truly exhilarating and makes life both worthwhile and so much more fun.

You've faced greater challenges than this and always come through with the grace and success that is such a part of who you are, that I have every bit of faith in you and can't wait to hear all the details once it's done.

Good luck, much love, and kick ass!

Anonymous said...

WOW Linda! You are an inspiration to me! I really really hope you did well today! I am so stinkin' proud of you to go after what you want and to really believe in it, regardless of what happens.
You are one great girl! And I am proud to know you and to call you my friend!!
Take care and I can't wait to hear how it went!
Cynthia

Linda said...

You are such a dear, always making me feel better, and proud of what I am doing...a heartfelt thank you to you!!!
I know I'll pass - after 4 friggin' weeks of ridiculously hadcore kickboxing I had better pass damn it... but it is very scary. I promise to tell you all about it

Linda said...

I should ammend my comment to say THANK YOU to all of you, Rae and Cynthia, and Snoop... everyone is being so supportive and it helps so much.

I am feeling quite ready for this and I think all will go well. I just need to relax and go with the flow. I've go through it once and did fine, albeit 9 years ago, but I know it will go well and I'll update you all with a post this afternoon.

Anonymous said...

i have far too many bad memories of the canada fitness tests in gym class to even THINK about doing a fitness test. (that and too many episodes of watching Paul Plakas on X-weighted).
good luck!

Unknown said...

hey you :)
I miss you too. we'll definitely try for something before April 12th. do well today and relax, you'll be great.