Tuesday, April 4, 2006

Mmmmm Crème Brûlée

Tonight's posting courtesy of my dinner:


So I just came from dinner at The Ranche with Cam's parents and Cam's cousins visiting from Ontario. Dinner was excellent, conversation was lively and I had a wonderful time. The highlight of the night was without doubt the fabulous dessert that I savoured over several minutes. As most of you may have guessed already, it was Crème Brûlée, however - this specific concoction was flavoured with some delectable Bernard Callebaut White Chocolate (I'm thinking of you Denise!) and hazelnuts - ¡Que delicioso! Plus I had a huge bowl of café au lait to top off the evening. My entrée of sablefish was not as spectacular - although still quite delicious.

Lately I have decided that my dining experiences should consist of plates that I believe I could never a) get anywhere else and/or b) not make myself with any relative success. So far it's going quite well.

Conclusions: Yummy dinner and a break from homework - plus I got to wear pretty clothes and fun earings! Free diner and dress-up, my kind of night!

Thanks Mr. and Mrs. B! (yep that's right - after 9.5 years I still call them Mr and Mrs..... its different - I know - but meh)

PS - Has anyone see Jamie Oliver's new show on the food network? - as expected, it's lovely.

1 comment:

Heather said...

That sounds delish. Reading about your coffee reminds me that I need coffee. Now. I can't survive the 7am start time without it.